Knowledge SUCCESS is pleased to offer many webinars and events on relevant and timely topics in FP/RH and knowledge management. This page lists all events that are hosted or co-hosted by Knowledge SUCCESS and our partners.
- This event has passed.
Breaking Myths about Contraceptive Use: A Next Gen RH Twitter Spaces Dialogue
September 22 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm EAT
Start time where you are: Your time zone couldn't be detected. Try reloading the page.
September 22, 2022 @ 6:00 PM Nairobi | 4:00 pm Abuja | 8:00 pm New Delhi | 8:30 pm Islamabad | 11:00 am New York
As we approach World Contraceptive Day, it’s important to recognize and highlight the young people living around the world who still do not have access to contraception due to persistent barriers. These barriers include provider bias, myths and misconceptions about contraceptives, social norms unsupportive of young people’s use of contraception, and more. When a person, especially a young person, experiences an unplanned pregnancy, the social and health impacts are significant and far-reaching.
Pregnancy and childbirth complications are the leading cause of death for girls aged 15-19 years old globally.
As the NextGen RH Community of Practice (CoP), we are committed to providing high-quality knowledge sharing opportunities and knowledge management tools to better inform adolescent and youth sexual and reproductive health (AYSRH) programs. Our Advisory Committee is comprised of 15 innovative and dedicated young people well-versed in AYSRH programming.
Join us for an opportunity to hear from our Advisory Committee members in a live Twitter Spaces dialogue. During this dialogue, members will address myths around contraceptive use, and share program experiences impacting young people’s access to SRH information and services.
- Alex Omari, East Africa Knowledge Management Officer, Knowledge SUCCESS, Amref Health Africa
- Blessed Chetachi Peter-Akinloye, Founder/Executive Director, Blessed Health Spring Initiative
- Dr. Kughong Reuben Chia, Program Director, Organisation for Health in Sustainable Development
- Koni Wendy Bakka, Co-Founder, Beulah Future Leaders Foundations
- Danish Tariq, Governing Board Member for the Youth Advocacy Network, Pakistan; FP2030 Youth Focal Point
Read more about the speakers here.
How To Access the Twitter Spaces Dialogue
Before the event:
- Log into your Twitter account, and follow Knowledge SUCCESS at @fprhknowledge. We will have the Twitter Spaces event pinned to the top of our page. Click on it to set a reminder!
On September 22:
- About 5 minutes before the event, head to @fprhknowledge. Once the event is live, just click to join! While in the space, you can:
- React to the conversation with an emoji using the heart icon
- Request to speak during the Q & A with the ‘Request’ button
- Turn on captions by tapping the three dot icon at the top right, and selecting ‘Turn on captions’.