Knowledge SUCCESS is pleased to offer many webinars and events on relevant and timely topics in FP/RH and knowledge management. This page lists all events that are hosted or co-hosted by Knowledge SUCCESS and our partners.
- This event has passed.
Breaking Myths about Contraceptive Use: A Next Gen RH Twitter Spaces Dialogue
September 22, 2022 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm EAT
Start time where you are: Your time zone couldn't be detected. Try reloading the page.
This event has ended. Access the recordings below to listen in.
For World Contraceptive Day 2022, it was important to recognize and highlight the young people globally who still do not have access to contraception due to persistent barriers. These barriers include provider bias, myths and misconceptions about contraceptives, social norms unsupportive of young people’s use of contraception, and more. When a person, especially a young person, experiences an unplanned pregnancy, the social and health impacts are significant and far-reaching.
Pregnancy and childbirth complications are the leading cause of death for girls aged 15-19 years old globally.
As the NextGen RH Community of Practice (CoP), we are committed to providing high-quality knowledge sharing opportunities and knowledge management tools to better inform adolescent and youth sexual and reproductive health (AYSRH) programs. Our Advisory Committee is comprised of 15 innovative and dedicated young people well-versed in AYSRH programming.
On September 22, 2022, The NextGen RH Advisory Committee members hosted a live Twitter Spaces dialogue. During this dialogue, members addressed myths around contraceptive use, and shared program experiences impacting young people’s access to SRH information and services.
- Alex Omari, East Africa Knowledge Management Officer, Knowledge SUCCESS, Amref Health Africa
- Blessed Chetachi Peter-Akinloye, Founder/Executive Director, Blessed Health Spring Initiative
- Dr. Kughong Reuben Chia, Program Director, Organisation for Health in Sustainable Development
- Koni Wendy Bakka, Co-Founder, Beulah Future Leaders Foundations
- Danish Tariq, Governing Board Member for the Youth Advocacy Network, Pakistan; FP2030 Youth Focal Point
Read more about the speakers here.