Using knowledge to maximize development impact
USAID Missions operate in diverse contexts and have unique health and development goals. Yet there are common concerns across country and regional development cooperation strategies:
- a desire for better coordination among donors and implementing partners;
- strategic integration of health and development programs and policies;
- local ownership and leadership of development systems and processes; and
- the active exchange of evidence-based and experiential knowledge at the district, national, and regional levels.
These are all goals that can be achieved through knowledge management, which is a systematic process of collecting and curating knowledge and connecting people to it so they can act effectively and efficiently.
What We Can Do For USAID Missions
Supported by a 5-year cooperative agreement (2019–2024), Knowledge SUCCESS can provide technical assistance to all USAID Missions and can accept funds from all USAID/USG accounts. Services that we provide to our field partners include:
- Strengthen coordinating structures, such as national coordinating bodies and technical working groups (TWGs)
- Support local KM champion institutions to engage the community to share and use knowledge in technical programs
- Strengthen the capacity of organizations to more quickly identify and strategically combine global evidence and local knowledge to develop local solutions and achieve greater impact
To learn how Knowledge SUCCESS can help you achieve your RDCS and CDCS goals, please reach out directly to our USAID AOR, Kate Howell, or use our contact form.