Webinar: HORMONAL IUS UPDATES: New Insights and Steps Toward Scale
Expanding contraceptive choice increases individuals’ ability to freely choose the family planning methods that best meet their reproductive desires and needs. Join us for a two-part virtual technical consultation to identify opportunities to expand access to the levonorgestrel intrauterine system (IUS)—also known as the hormonal IUS—as part of a broader method mix.
The hormonal IUS has important advantages:
- One of the most effective forms of long-acting reversible contraception available
- Can have fewer side effects than some other hormonal methods
- Offers non-contraceptive benefits such as reducing menstrual cramps and blood loss
- Potentially alleviates anemia in some populations
Despite these advantages, the hormonal IUS is not widely available in low- and middle-income countries. How can we overcome supply- and demand-side barriers to access?
Join the Method Choice Community of Practice, led by the Evidence to Action (E2A) Project, and the Hormonal IUS Access Group for this online event. Participants will:
- Review key features of the hormonal IUS and current product availability in LMICs
- Get updates from the Hormonal IUS Access Group
- Increase understanding of current global evidence
- Receive updates from Kenya, Madagascar, Nigeria, Zambia, and elsewhere
- Share service delivery tools and identify gaps
- Review and discuss updates to the global learning agenda
- Discuss how to move forward—including during the COVID-19 pandemic
Please make sure you register for BOTH DAYS!