Are you looking for an article or resource from POPLINE?
The POPLINE website retired on September 1, 2019. POPLINE was managed by the Knowledge for Health (K4Health) Project, which ended on September 10, 2019.
POPLINE was a valuable resource to the population, family planning, and reproductive health community for over 40 years (1973-2019). Its collection of more than 400,000 records provided students and researchers worldwide with access to journal articles, reports, books, unpublished resources, and full-text documents (to users in low- and middle-income countries).
Knowledge SUCCESS is a new project that continues USAID’s legacy of knowledge management for family planning and reproductive health. We’re helping to make family planning and reproductive health information available and accessible. If you can’t find what you’re looking for by following the list below, please contact us and we’ll do our best to help you.
Where can I find alternative access to journal articles?
Since POPLINE’s inception in 1973, many free resources have become available and offer alternative access to journal articles. These resources collectively meet the majority of POPLINE user requests. The following resources offer alternative access to journal articles:
- Google Scholar
- PubMed Central
- HINARI Access to Research in Health Programme – Provides free or low-cost online journal access to institutions in developing countries
- International Network for the Availability of Scientific Publications (INASP) – Provides services to improve health information access in developing countries
- Global Development Network/British Library of Development Studies (GDN/BLDS) – Provides services to research institutes in developing and transition countries
- Highwire Press Free Access to Developing Economies – Provides free online access to its journals for selected countries
- BMJ Journals Online – Free online access to BMJ journals is provided to selected countries
Calling all knowledge champions.
We curate emails with resources, invitations, and opportunities – exclusively focused on family planning and reproductive health and tailored for you.